Veneers are a thin, almost
translucent shell, usually made of porcelain,
tailor made to fit over an existing tooth. They
are firmly bonded in place, proving to be sturdy
Veneers can provide a number of benefits, including:
- the closing of gaps
- repair of broken or chipped teeth
- improvement of passe or unnatural fillings
- whitening of stained teeth when laser teeth
whitening is not possible
- correction of crooked or misshapen teeth
Understanding the Benefits
Benefits of porcelain veneers can include the
- Very little natural tooth, if any, needs
to be removed
- Involves little to no discomfort
- More affordable than other alternatives
- Durable, strong, and natural-looking
How Veneers are Made.
A mold of your
tooth is taken to create a replica, whihc is
then bonded right onto the surface of
the existing tooth. For the bonding, a mild conditioning
solution is applied to your tooth, and then a
adhesive solution which keeps the veneer attached
Understanding the Shelf Life
Veneers can last for years, and can resist stains
and chipping, but rely on the behavior of the
patient. Good oral hygiene needs to be kept up,
and awkward, extremely hard foods to be avoided.
Of course, regular dental visits should be maintained.
If you're north of San Diego: Receive the highest
veneers in Los Angeles from the area's most experienced cosmetic dentist.